Knowing you’re about to die has a way of perfectly clarifying your values.
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” – Psalm 90:12
These are not ‘famous last words’. Because these are never the words people say at the end:
2. I wish I’d spent more time on Facebook.
3. I wish I’d spent more time on Twitter.
4. I wish I’d spent more time on Pinterest.
5. I wish I hadn’t spent so much time playing games with my kids.
6. If only I’d given out fewer hugs.
7. I wish I had listened to my fears.
8. I wish I hadn’t prayed so much.
9. Looking back now, my new car seems so important.
10. I wish I hadn’t dreamed so big.
11. Too bad I didn’t worry more.
12. Date-night with my wife every week just wasn’t worth it.
13. I wish I’d watched more TV.
14. I’m so glad I was consumed with other people’s opinions of me.
15. Living for yourself leaves you so satisfied.
16. What is my bank account balance again?
17. If only I’d smiled less.
What would you add to the list? Comment and let me know.