Watch the following video and decide for yourself:
If you’re like me, this will leave you speechless. Here are some the astounding facts it contains:
- 29 of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence had Seminary Degrees.
- Federal funds were appropriated to send missionaries to the Indians, and to build them churches.
- The U.S. Capitol served as a church on weekends for almost a century.
- The 1st Bible printed in America was by the U.S. Congress for use in public schools.
We can all shake our heads sadly, and bemoan the tragic decline of our country. But does that do any good? Of course not.
My question to you is, what can we do to help?
Here are a few suggestions. I would love for you to add to this list in the comments below.
- PRAY. When was the last time we prayed with all our heart for our country?
- VOTE. The opportunity to have say in who is elected to lead our country is a very serious responsibility.
- SPREAD THE WORD. Where will our children hear the true story of America if they don’t hear it from us? Let’s share the Biblical foundations of our country with our family, friends, coworkers. It can be as easy as forwarding this blog post to them.
What do you think? How can we help revive our country? Is it a lost cause? You can comment here.