There is a “do” behind every “don’t”. If we’re not careful, we’ll spend our whole lives trying not to do the wrong things, instead of doing the right things.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr.
- As Christians, sadly, we are often known more for what we are against than what we are for.
- So many sermons do nothing but bemoan the darkness…
- Behind every “don’t” is a “do”. Find the positive command and pursue it.
- Sermon by G.W. Hood: “Stop complaining about the cold and throw a log on the fire.”
- Negative commands cause paralysis and fear. Positive commands yield the best results
- Positive commands are better, because they give us healthy directives and goal oriented focus. Negative commands are usually inferior, because they only tell us what NOT to do.
If we’re not careful, we can spend our whole life trying NOT TO DO THE WRONG things. I want to spend my life doing the right things.
I would love to hear your feedback! You can email your questions, comments, ideas to email@example.com
If you find this content helpful, I would be honored if you would subscribe, rate it on iTunes, and recommend it to your friends and family.