Your to-do list seems endless, and chaos feels like a way of life. Phone calls. Texts. Emails. Bills to pay. Places to be. You feel endlessly behind on, well, everything. But does it have to be that way? Is it God’s will for us to live that way?
If you can’t get it done in 168 hours, it’s not God’s will for you to do it.
Busy is a choice we can stop making.
4 Reasons We Choose Busy:
- Lack of discipline to say no
- Reactionary living
- Fear of missing out
- Deriving our identity from what we do
4 Ways to Stop Busy and Live with Margin:
- Discipline yourself to say no
- Minimize and focus
- Know your priorities
- Reestablish your identity in Christ
- Start your day slowly
- Check social media and email once a day
- Unsubscribe from every single newsletter you get in your email
- Turn off ALL alerts on your phone.
- Check news/headlines once per week.
- Cut out all talk radio and sports radio
“Whenever you say yes to anything, there is less of you for something else. Make sure your yes is worth the less.” – Louie Giglio
The difference between the values you embrace and the life you live equals the frustration you experience. – Craig Groeschel