Every adult human being on the planet has at least two things in common:
1. They worry
2. They would like to worry less
I feel that way – and I bet you do too!
So how can we actually worry less?
The simple secret to overcoming worry is to surrender the need to know.
May not sound like much, but I promise if you’ll latch onto this principle and apply it- you will not worry as much.
What are you worried about this week? Picture it in your mind. The reason you are worried about that thing is because you don’t know how it’s going to turn out.
- You have a bill…and you don’t know if you’ll have the money.
- You have a decision…and you don’t know what to do.
- You have relational conflict…and you don’t know how it will turn out.
- You have a physical ailment…and you don’t know what the test results will be.
Every worry is based on a lack of knowledge. Our human nature makes us feel like we need to know everything.
By surrendering that need to know, we abolish our worry.
- I don’t have to worry about how the finances will turn out… because I know “my God shall supply all your need, according to His riches” (Phil. 4:19)
- I don’t have to worry about that decision…because I know “trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Prov. 3:5-6)
- I don’t have to worry about the relational conflict…because I know “all things work together for good” (Rom. 8:28)
- I don’t have to worry about that physical ailment…because I know “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.” (Ephesians 3:20)
The next time you catch yourself worrying, simply surrender that “need to know” to God, and rest in His provision.
What do you worry about the most? You can leave a comment here.